Olivia-isms
These are what I have named all the funny things that Olivia comes out with. I keep saying I should start a book, but for now I'll blog a few of them and see where I get from there. I am so thankful that besides one little error (see my previous post about the sponge) we have been lucky in what she has picked up from us and it is quite funny.
Let's start with the latest....
1. Yesterday we had the pest control inspection of our attic to discover that our house is airtight and no critter evidence whatsoever, so now we think it's the siding. So the attic access is in Olivia's bedroom and the insulation is blown fiberglass, which is very messy. I took her up to put her pennies in her piggy bank and she says "Daddy and Gary made a big mess." I told her, "Daddy said he would vaccuum it up" She replies, "I just don't, don't understand. I don't understand this mess!"
2. Chris was being a typical hubby, trying to "sneek a peek" while I was getting dressed the other day, I said to him, "You're just a dirty old man" which of course Olivia picked up and was very proud to tell the ladies in the nursery on Sunday that "Daddy is a dirty old man" perfect. Glad I was there to explain.
3. I picked Olivia up from the nursery at church at the same time another little girl was going home, Olivia was following the other girl through the gate and she turned to Olivia and says "That's MY daddy!!" Olivia not missing a beat replies "Well, I have a mommy!" and kept walking.
4. She likes to play with my hair and told me a few weeks ago "Mommy, there's something in your hair." I said "What is it?" She replies, "Nevermind, it's you head."
5. There was a bang outside, probably just a neighbour closing their car door, but to Olivia, who ran to the window, "Mommy, it's SANTA!"
6. As we are driving to church one morning for Ladies Bible Study, Olivia sees a Pursuit and says "Mommy, there's your car!" I reply "Oh does that look like my car?" "Yep, but some man haves it"
7. One of my favourites was detective Olivia, one day while she was napping I had half a popsicle, and as soon as she woke up she saw the stick sitting beside me, there was no "Hi mommy" that day, simply "You had a popsicle when my sleeping."
8. I let Olivia ride the carousel at the mall, when the ride was over I asked her "What do you say?" (anticipating "Thanks Mommy!") She replied "Thank you horsey, thank you for giving me a ride horsey..." which continued halfway down the mall.
So many funny things this girl comes out with. I think I will just try to keep track a little. Such a busy house with my little ones growing like weeds but I love every minute of it, and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Such a blessing it is to be a parent, and such a greater blessing to have healthy, happy babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment