Grocery Shopping...
Something that Chris and I have always done together. It's not always fun, motoring around others who have forgotten they are not the only ones in the store, waiting in line for what seems forever when everyone else has decided to shop on MY grocery day, but we've always enjoyed spending time together, and sometimes helping each other remember that they expect you to buy more because "It's on sale!" :)
Today, however, as we waited for our turn, I got to experience a new type of shopping, the kind you only get with a two year old. Olivia struck up a conversation with the lady at the check out, proudly naming the things we were buying. "That's apple juice, that's for Olivia and Moose" (the dog treats we bought to say Happy New Year to our neighbours, who each have a dog Olivia refers to as her "friends") Then the awkward, cute, and honest answer when we get to the milk, "That's the milk" The cashier replies, "Yes, you're right. Do you drink milk?" "I do" Cashier "Does your brother drink milk?" Olivia "Yes, but mommy makes milk for him." So pink cheeked I explained what she had just said as my wonderful husband assists with "Well nothing like a two year old to make that awkward."
Honesty, innocence and independence. The things I love about my daughter. Another one to chalk up to the Olivia-isms book, one day I'll get to write that book and maybe I'll even publish it to get her through college, or maybe I'll just have lots of great stories for her wedding... yeah probably the last one is most accurate, and most likely!
Day three of the new year and already a new experience!
I love reading your posts! Glenn and I did groceries together for many, many, many years and still do sometimes; we did the trips when the kids were small too; I remember some of those "experiences"; enjoy them, they truly do grow up too soon.
ReplyDelete