Watching Olivia hang upside down off her mini lazyboy I ask "What are you doing?" She looks up and says "Just praying to Jesus at my house" and with that she starts whispering to Jesus and telling Him all about her day. Is it any wonder He taught us to have child-like faith? The faith that a child shows when she's just hanging out and talking with Jesus?
Two weekends ago I learned that He is there, He's listening, even when I forget. Jesus doesn't forget to be faithful, I forget to take the time to sit and hear His voice.
I didn't realize just how much I had changed after that weekend when I met with God and let Him speak to me and through me. I knew I would never be the same but I saw the change in my daughter tonight as she sat and talked with Jesus; it's the way I talk to Him now, because He is always there. God taught me to lead her not just by words but by example. I am not perfect but by His grace I will be.
I saw it when she clung to me because she had a nightmare, and instead of praying and sending her back to bed, WE told satan to leave and be gone. He is no longer welcome in this home or in the lives of my family, and she is learning to tell him that too. How much will she gain in knowing this? So much more than I can ever imagine. Giving her the power to rebuke him and to call on Jesus, it's a precious thing to see. And an affirmation that Jesus loves us, and wasn't wrong when He called us to use child-like faith. It is a comfort to her and to me knowing that Jesus is with her, even in the moments that I can't be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r5SCbAQWbU
No comments:
Post a Comment