Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Journeys



I haven't been much of a faithful blogger since I joined a couple years ago, but hopefully 2013 will be a new start. We have been through so much in the past year that I never had a chance to document and I'm hoping through becoming a more active blogger, this year will be different. 

After my last post our house sold and closed and 3 weeks after my last post we had moved! We settled into Southampton over a couple of months. Initially Chris moved into the house while the kids and I visited for weekends through November and temporarily moved in with my parents. The kids enjoyed the extra grandparent time and Olivia was able to finish her commitment to the Children's Musical, "A Rockin Royal Christmas" at Bethel. 

We officially moved in to our house with Chris November 26 and began to unpack and settle into a new routine. It's been an adjustment to have him home again, but a joyful one! It is strange to have an extra set of hands for bedtime routines, bathing and keeping the house organized. Chris is eager to make up for lost time and spends many nights giggling and playing with the kids. Each week we've tried to have a family night where we watch a movie together or play a game. 

Christmas was a celebration of being together and of Jesus' birth. As Olivia and David get older, we spend more time talking about Jesus and the sacrifice his birth was for Mary and Joseph, but especially for God who sent his son to this world for us. Olivia is eager for bible time at dinner and before bed. She looks forward to answering a question based on the story, which has encouraged her to listen intently to what her Daddy is reading. 

2013 is a new year, and we are looking forward to the new things that God has in store for us. We have a new home, new church, new friends, and Chris will start his new permanent job at Bruce in February, which is very exciting. I am proud of him for never giving up on his dream and for persevering through some very difficult times. It is something I look forward to sharing with our children as they grow, and hope that it will encourage them to follow their dreams and work to achieve their goals.

It's my first full year as a stay at home mommy and I am looking forward to the time I get to spend with David and with Olivia. This weekend we are looking forward to our trip to Great Wolf Lodge, which was their surprise "big" gift for Christmas. It should be a great time of rest, fun and family time. 

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment