I blinked....
Don't you hate when you blink and all of a sudden your children have grown again? I'm sure I just had Olivia yesterday, and David is 5 months old already! I can hardly believe how fast time seems to go by when you are watching it through the development of your children.
Today is a day of reflection for me, in 5 months I have watched myself and hubby become parents of two amazing children. Watched as Olivia has taken on her duties as big sister with flying colours, being mommy's little helper and seen David discover things in the world around him, his fingers, toes, how to roll and attempting to crawl. It's amazing to watch his sense of wonder as he discovers new things while that mommy who loves her babies screams "SLOW DOWN" on the inside.
I wouldn't trade these little munchkins for anything but I know that as quickly as time flies in watching them, it goes equally as quickly for seeking God's will for our lives and plowing ahead in the life He has given us.
A dear friend of ours passed away in a car accident last December, and our son is named after him. He lived his life sold out to God and looking at opportunities to witness and to call others unto the God that he loved so dearly and who he has now found eternal rest with. One quote he left us with was about living all out for God now, not to wait until we are older and have lived our lives, but now is the time to live for Him because if we wait until we are old we will only have a shell of what we could've offered to share with others. I really miss him, and as the anniversary of his death approaches I think of the joy I can see in my David with his face lighting smiles and his squeals. I can only hope that as a parent my children will see God's love through me and my life.
David Robert Powell, you were an inspiration to many and have left a life long legacy in your short but well lived time on earth. Today as I reflect I realize that it won't matter how many life lessons our children learn as long as they know and love Jesus they will have the greatest lesson of all. Thank you for truly living and leaving a legacy of spreading life to the nations.
What a wonderful tribute to a special person. And how beautiful that David is named after him. I never knew your friend but I visit his parent's home for homeschool group. I continually hear and read about their son's faithfulness. I'm sure his mom, like you and I, felt like time flew and he grew up.
ReplyDeleteI love how you wrote about "blinking" and it's gone. God is speaking to our mother hearts at the same time :)