God has been teaching me so many things lately, patience and trust being so very key. Patience to wait to hear about my new position at Bethel as Interim Manager of Preschool Ministries, and Trust, as I resigned from my Full Time teaching position at the daycare I've worked at for 7 years for this part time contract that ends in a year.
I started this new adventure on Tuesday morning, and I was overwhelmed with the new challenges that lay ahead. I always drive with someone in my car, Olivia or David or Chris, but on Tuesday morning I was alone, humanly speaking, so I talked to God. I prayed about this new position I had accepted, that God would use me to inspire these precious volunteers and prayed God would use them on the frontlines in ministry to our greatest asset, HIS children. So instead of panicking (I do this often when things are overwhelming) I jumped in and got lots accomplished! God is amazing that way, if I ask Him for help, He gives it to me.
I've asked Him to help me, not only in this new path, but as a mom and a wife. I really feel inadequate sometimes, and overwhelmed in that job too. I feel like David and Olivia are not as well equipped as I could prepare them to be, and then Olivia says to me "Mommy, did you know Jesus is alive?" I respond "Yes, I did" and she counters, "That's because I just told you that." - and all of a sudden I know that we are doing the best job we can as parents. I worry that Chris feels I am not an adequate partner, and he comes home to tell me how blessed he is that I have partnered with him. - coincidence? I think not.
God is awesome and I forget how much so, often, I confess. I know He's there, I know He's real, how could I not? My new goal is to spend as much time talking to Him and reading His word, soaking in His presence and fulfilling the call of God in my life. It's a hard thing for me to admit, I'm not perfect, I struggle and I fail. Ouch! But God loves me anyways and He forgives me everytime I stumble and He catches me when I fall. Amazing Grace!
I am so thankful for God in my life and all the wonderful people that He has put in my path, and my prayer is that I will be enough for my children and my husband, but also that I would be successful in following God so that I don't have to "teach" everything about Him to my children, but that they would see it in my life.
Overwhelmed, it's how I feel often, but protected and helped is how I feel when God is in control of my overwhelming situations, and I'm so thankful He doesn't leave when I forget about Him, but I sure wish I wouldn't forget, so that He could be there even more as I let go of control and possession of all things I want to control, but simply can't.
You're going to do GREAT in that position!! And Thank you in advance for the ministry I know you will be to my children!
ReplyDelete