Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Choosing to Cherish

Every day we all make choices but as I watch the childhood of my children begin to fly by I am learning to choose to cherish the little moments that are fleeting, the moments that could upset my routine but I'll never get back if I ignore them.

Last night, Chris and I had just snuggled into bed when our bedroom door opened and in walks our little man. He silently walked through the bedroom, handed me his water cup and climbed in next to me. In that moment I chose not to send him saddened back to his bed but to enjoy his snuggles. Chris went to have a shower and I snuggled that precious little man and sang to him. While I sang, I choked back tears as his little voice joined mine and sang "Jesus Loves Me." Until that moment I knew we sang the childhood favourite often but didn't know he was learning the words. 

When his Daddy came back from the shower he took little man back to his own bed and instead of a tearful fight, he settled quietly and peacefully back into his bed and drifted off to sleep. 

I'm thankful I chose to cherish that moment, and learn to really enjoy his life while it's so tiny. God's faithfulness is so amazing, and evident in our son's sweet little life. 

Psalm 117

Praise the Lord, all you nations! Praise Him, all you people of the world! His mercy  toward us is powerful. The Lord's faithfulness endures forever. Hallelujah!



No comments:

Post a Comment